Cassa Padana Bcc is a cooperative bank based in Leno, province of Brescia. It has more than 11.000 members and works with 65 branches in the province of Brescia, Cremona, Mantova, Verona, Parma, Reggio Emilia, Ferrara, Rovigo.
Cassa Padana was born in Leno, in 1893, as rural bank managed according to the principles promoted by Frierich Wilhelm Raiffeisen, the Rhine burgomaster who founded in 1852 in Germany the first rural bank at the service of poorest people.
The roots of this initiative lie in the Church’s social teaching and still today the Christian inspiration is mentioned as a foundation of the activity of the bank in the article 2 of the Articles of Association.
In 1993 the Cassa Rurale ed Artigiana merged with two Italian banks providing financial services to farmers and artisans: the “Cassa Rurale ed Artigiana Bassa Bresciana” and the “Cassa Rurale e Artigiana di Gussola” and changed its name into Cassa Padana BCC. In June 2010, Cassa Padana further merges through incorporation with BCC Camuna and later, in 2011, with Banca Veneta 1896 and BCC Valtrompia.
The strategy of Cassa Padana is to address directly all the issues of the territory, through a series of elements, such as the banking activity, the local roots, the planning expertise, the network of partners.
The bank has quantitative assets, which are fundamental, as well as intangible assets, made of good relationships, knowledge, trust, identity, the way of doing business, which are equally important.
Since 2008, Cassa Padana draw up a balance sheet of consistency which offers an overview of the bank in the three kinds of mutuality: internal (members), external (territory) and international (international cooperation.) These activities are part of the organisational system of the bank, allowing a more comprehensive vision of the bank’s activities.