Role of cooperative and savings banks in territorial cohesion
Date: Friday, 11th September 2015.
Time: 10:00 - 14:00
Venue: European house, Augusta Cesarca street 2, Zagreb
The purpose of the event is to present the opinion of the EESC on the importance of cooperative and local-oriented financial institutions, required for sustainable development of local communities in Croatia, through a best practice experience from countries where such financial institutions successfully operate. It will also emphasize the importance of a stable and more manageable risk profile of local banks that should be more closely tied to the needs of the local communities.
Croatia is characterized by a very uniform banking sector and a very low level of domestic participation in the ownership structure of financial institutions in Croatia. This has put significant sectors of the Croatian economy in a position in which they lack appropriate sources of funding. This need is reflected in an initiative by numerous individuals, organizations, companies, worker unions, cooperatives and municipalities, working together for ethical financing for the establishment of a cooperative ethical bank.
Intervention by the EESC will increase the level of understanding and awareness of Croatian stakeholders from the government institutions and the parliament about the importance and special role of the cooperative and local banks for the territorial cohesion and development of the local economies through social entrepreneurship that plays a crucial role in the future development, as it is an important part of EU development strategies.
· Mr. Mirando Mrsić, Minister of Labor and Pension System – responsible for social entrepreneurship in Croatia
· Mr. Carlos Trias Pintó ‐ rapporteur for the EESC opinion on the role of cooperative and savings banks in territorial cohesion
· Mr. Fabio Salviato – President, FEBEA (European Federation of Ethical and Alternative Banks)
· Mr. Daniel Mondekar – MP in the Croatian Pariliament
· Ms. Ilda Stanojević ‐ Croatian Centre for Development of Cooperative Entrepreneurship
· Ms. Katarina Ivanković Knežević, Ministry of Labor and Pension System
· Ms. Vera Gjokaj, CEDRA HR
· Mr. Goran Jeras, ebanka
- SIMULTANEUS TRANSLATION HR/EN/ES -
Please confirm your participation by sending an e-mail to the following address: [email protected]