Wednesday, 25 March, 2020
A renewed commitment to support communities and social economy organisations
- Updated on the 20.11.2020. The document provided in this page will be regularly updated, as new initiatives are being activated each week -
Ethical Finance plays a major role in supporting the communities in which it operates, and even more during times of crises. Ethical finance works side by side with social economy organisations to foster social and economic inclusion: in the current context this collaboration is even stronger, to provide assistance to the most disadvantaged groups and offer measures to mitigate the social and economic impacts of the crisis.
FEBEA members are mobilising to respond to the COVID-19 outbreak’s consequences at local and national level.
Their various initiatives, carried out while ensuring protection for employees and clients, are aimed at:
- propose immediate measures for individuals, enterprises and organisations with open loans/mortgages and with liquidity problems;
- mitigate the effects of the crisis on the population most at risk, via the collaboration with social economy organisations;
- contribute to fund-raising campaigns to help hospitals and local communities facing the crisis;
- offer online services, contents and activities during the confinement period;
- prepare the post-crisis period, to foster the re-activation of economic activities.
We have listed in the document here below the initiatives carried out in different European countries by our members: