FEBEA, the European federation of Ethical and Alternative Banks and Financiers, is looking for a full-time communication officer.
FEBEA brings together financial institutions from 17 European countries with the aim of developing ethical and social finance in Europe. Together, these innovative and pioneering institutions work, each in their country, to disseminate the importance and urgency of the development of ethical and solidarity-based financial models in the Europe and beyond.
FEBEA is a membership organisation working with financial institutions, European institutions, social economy organisations and local authorities to promote a more inclusive and fair financial model in Europe.
With the support of its 33 members, FEBEA promotes the principles of transparency, participation, inclusion and solidarity in the financial sector and in the economy at large. FEBEA promotes a long term vision on the role of finance, as a promoter of an economy that works for people and the environment, where profits are the means rather than the main goal.
FEBEA has extensive experience in the collaboration with relevant European Institutions (European Commission, European parliament, EIB Group and especially the EIF) and the development and implementation of key policies and tools for the financing of the social economy sector. FEBEA has equally built strong partnerships with the main European networks dedicated to the promotion of a social and sustainable economy.
The main activities of FEBEA include Advocacy, Representation, Project Management, Research, Training, Communication.
FEBEA’s Secretariat is based in Brussels, and is made up of a small, dedicated team. The Secretariat’s activities are supported by by a committed Board of Directors representing 11 organisations in Europe and a strong network of collaborators.
Learn more about FEBEA on our website.
This is a great opportunity to build your career in ethical finance, within an exciting organisation that is currently expanding its activities. As part of our team, you will contribute to develop new communication initiatives and tools to spread Ethical Finance in Europe.
Contribution, under the supervision of the Secretary General and the Network Manager, to FEBEA’s communication activities. The aim is to highlight the values and concrete impacts of the Ethical Finance approach in different EU countries, and communicate them effectively toward the general public, towards EU institutions and towards the networks working in the field of sustainable finance, social finance and social economy in Europe. Where needed, coordination with the rest of FEBEA and its members is also expected in order to produce concrete results.
COMMUNICATION & EVENTS
- Coordinate with the FEBEA members’ Communication community to share and disseminate initiatives
- Designing, drafting and editing publications, contents and tools (website, reports, press releases, articles, social media posts, internal and external newsletters, ethical finance stories, banner, ppt, .. );
- Develop creative and engaging social media strategies;
- Manage the day-to-day handling of FEBEA’s social media channels such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and YouTube, adapting content to suit different channels;
- Develop, launch and manage campaigns that promote our organisation and members, initiatives and events;
- Organise visibility events & coordinate the participation to external events
- Coordinate with external providers related to communication & events (graphic design, printing services, venues, translators, ..)
- Support in the activities related to the EU action and operating grants alongside the rest of the FEBEA team;
- Implement communication activities related to the projects where FEBEA is involved, ensuring proper visibility of funders;
- Monitor the budget related to communication & events activities;
- Coordinate FEBEA’s participation in communication initiatives of members and partners (online magazines, podcast, ..)
- Take part in events in Brussels and abroad (mainly EU)
Qualifications, skills and requirements:
Bachelor’s degree preferably in topics related to communication, economics, international relations, social affairs, finance or international development and cooperation.
- 1-3 years of work experience in the area of communication for NGOs, public entities or the private sector
- Knowledge of social finance / social economy / sustainable finance is an asset.
- Candidates working in a social finance / social economy organisation are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Knowledge of EU policies and their links towards ethical finance and social economy
- Strong understanding of ethical finance and social economy values
- Excellent organisational skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of communication tools (such as social media, online document editing tools, wordpress, …)
- Good communication, interpersonal and presentation skills, able to address different types of audiences
- Proficiency in English, other EU languages (especially, but not limited to, French) are considered a plus
- Able to foster cooperation among a diversity of relevant stakeholders
Applicants must be able to work and reside in Belgium.
Full time, open ended Belgian contract.
Place of work: Brussels. Possibility to work from home / home country for certain periods of time, pre-agreed with the management and according to the Covid-related measures.
Salary range estimation, according to the FEBEA salary scale and depending on skills and relevant experience of the candidate: 2.300 € Gross per month.
In addition to the salary, the employee will be entitled to the following benefits:
- restaurant tickets for each day of effective work worth 7€/day
- reimbursement of public transportation cost
- reimbursement of internet and mobile phone cost (to allow home distance work)
- Complementary health insurance
- 13th and 14th month salary
The position is to be filled out as soon as possible, and in any case from early March 2022 onwards.
Application procedure and deadline
Please send your application in English via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday the 28th of January 2022 at noon CET.
The subject of your application email should follow this naming convention: “Name_Surname_Application_COMMUNICATION”.
The application should contain:
- A cover letter outlining your motivation to work in the field of Ethical Finance (maximum 2 pages);
- A detailed CV (Europass format).
Applications not respecting the instructions for completing and submitting the application will not be considered.
The selection timetable will be the following:
Deadline for submission of complete applications: 28.01.2022 noon CET;
Eligibility check and first assessment of written applications: this will result in a shortlist of candidates who will be invited for the subsequent step.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted at this stage.
First round of online interviews of candidates will take place between 31.01.2022 and 11.02.2022:
This will result in a shortlist of candidates who will be invited for the subsequent step.
Second in-person interview (ensuring the respect of sanitary measures due to covid) of shortlisted candidates will take place between 14.02.2022 and 25.02.2022 in Brussels; FEBEA will reimburse travel costs for candidates invited to the last interview in Brussels (subject to Covid rules and conditions).
Communication of the final results to candidates: end of February 2022.
During the entire selection procedure, FEBEA is committed to providing equal opportunities for everyone regardless of their background. We value diversity and lived experience, and acknowledge the underrepresentation of people from certain backgrounds. We strive to provide an inclusive and supportive working environment where all employees feel respected and supported in fulfilling their potential. The equal opportunity principle encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their gender, sexual orientation, origins or disabilities.
The FEBEA HR policy is available here.