Full-time – fixed-term contract 01/07/2023 – 30/06/2024 with possibility of extension.
*Make sure to carefully read the full job description and being elegible for the position before submitting your CV
The Project Manager of FEBEA is the person responsible for the translation of FEBEA’s vision and values into projects carried out with different partners in Europe and at international level. The role of the Project Manager is to ensure an effective implementation of the externally-funded projects in which the Federation is involved and coordinate the information flow from the projects to the network and vice-versa. The Project Manager ensures smooth collaboration with members, partners and funders. The Project Manager is in charge of the technical and financial reporting and liaise with the Federation’s staff, decision-making bodies, working groups and members; the Project Manager follows the administrative procedures linked to the effective management of the projects’ budget.
The ultimate goal of the Project Manager is ensuring that the projects implemented by FEBEA serve to promote and develop ethical finance in Europe and that those activities add value to the work of FEBEA and its members and create opportunities for their development.
The Project Manager’s tasks are carried out under the supervision of the Secretary General and in collaboration with the Training and Capacity Building Manager.
- Manage European projects related to the main EU funding programmes: H2020, EaSI, Erasmus +, etc.
- Manage other European and international projects in the field of ethical finance, social economy, access to finance, financial mechanisms supporting projects with social and environmental impact;
- Manage the projects’ day-to-day activities, ensuring that all the deliverables are ready on time, within the budget limits and with the expected quality;
- Animate relations with partners and members involved in the activities.
- Raise awareness to policy makers and other stakeholders on the topic of ethical finance and social economy financing;
- Represent the Federation in projects meetings and linked external events.
- Contribute to internal and external communications activities related to the projects, including drafting of public reports and papers and contents to be shared on the Federation’s channels.
- Monitor the budget related to projects,
- Follow all the administrative procedures related to the projects submission, implementation and finalisation;
- Draft internal reports to facilitate the administrative management of the network.
- Mapping the EU, national and private funding programmes, following the network strategy;
- Answering to relevant call for proposals and tenders;
- Creating and managing partnerships if needed.
Qualifications, skills and requirements:
University degree and ideally Masters in topics related to economics, international relations, social affairs, finance or international development and cooperation.
- International experience in project management, with a focus on sustainable development.
- Experience with H2020 and EaSI programme is an asset.
- At least 3 years of work experience in the area of social finance / social economy / sustainable development is required for this assignment.
- Experience in an ethical finance organisation is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of EU policies and their links towards ethical finance and social economy
- Strong understanding of ethical finance and social economy values
- Excellent organisational skills
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Good communication, interpersonal and presentation skills, able to address different types of audiences
- Proficiency in English and French, other EU languages – and in particular Spanish and/or Italian – are considered a plus
- Able to foster cooperation among a diversity of relevant stakeholders
What we offer
- A career in a sector that works for the common good and makes a difference in the lives of people throughout Europe
- A concrete opportunity to contribute to the development of Ethical Finance and to attain the Sustainable Development Goals in Europe
- An opportunity to network at high level with the main actors of the social and ethical finance field in Europe
- An international team of highly-qualified colleagues and partners
- Flexibility to work from home when required to ensure a proper work-life balance
- A Belgian Contract, competitive salary and standard benefits in Belgium. Full-time – fixed-term contract for the period July 2023 – June 2024, with possibility of extension.
- Location: Brussels with possibility or remote working. Regular travel within Europe is expected.
- Advantages: competitive salary, reimbursement of travel expenses (public transport); meal vouchers of 7€; utilities to facilitate remote working (phone – internet bills).
What we offer
Please send your application in English via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday the 30th of June 2023 at noon CET.
The subject of your application email should follow this naming convention: “Name_Surname_Application_PROJECTMANAGER”.
The application should contain:
- A cover letter outlining your motivation to work in the field of Ethical Finance (maximum 1 page);
- A detailed CV.
Applications not respecting the instructions for completing and submitting the application will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted at this stage.
Founded in Brussels in 2001, FEBEA is the European Federation of Ethical and Alternative Banks and Financiers. It brings together 33 banks and financial institutions from 17 European countries with the aim of developing ethical and social finance in Europe. To this end, the Federation has therefore set concrete objectives:
– support the exchange of information and experiences and cooperation between national networks and social economy and finance practitioners in Europe and in the European free trade area;
– represent its members at the EU institutions and the financial and political organisations and leverage different political levels and European institutions;
– concretely support the efforts of its members, including in the creation of banking and financial instruments that are necessary to accomplish their goals.
More information available at http://febea.org/
Please submit your CV and any other information you see fit to: email@example.com . Please contact us in this same email address in case of any further questions.