FEBEA –The European Federation of Ethical and Alternative Banks and Financiers– is currently looking for an Office Manager (part-time) to manage the day-to-day operations of the Federation with a focus on the smooth running of our new offices.
We are a non-profit organisation with the aim to develop a kind of finance that that is based on ethical values, that works for citizens, is based on participation, transparency, solidarity and accountability. Sounds good?
FEBEA is composed by 34 members throughout Europe and we all work every day to contribute to achieve a real positive change for both society and the environment. Want to know more? Check our website: www.febea.org.
Here’s a video of our last Annual Conference to see a bit more about us.
Responsibilities of the position offered:
Supporting the overall management of the organisation, including financial and administrative monitoring of the EU-funded projects and the production of related documents and reports.
The Office Manager will work under the supervision of the Network Manager, and where needed, in coordination with the rest of FEBEA and its members.
- Office management: facility management, contact point for service providers –including administrative consultants and auditors– and suppliers; procurement of office supplies.
- Providing organisational support to members, governing bodies, and FEBEA staff;
- Ensuring compliance with Belgian authorities (Moniteur Belge, Banque Carrefour, ..);
- Monitoring and implementation of administrative, financial and reporting process for EU and international projects;
- Collect evidence for projects as well as administrative and legal documentation;
- Be the contact point for the financial and contractual implementation of EU and international projects;
- Administration of HR related matters incl. the liaison with the Social Secretariat;
- Developing, implementing and optimising administrative systems and procedures, including payments, purchases, reimbursements;
- Drafting and follow-up of contracts with clients, providers, partners;
- Preparation of budget updates;
- Organisation of travel or events in Belgium and abroad;
- Invoice management towards members, clients, partners.
- Experience in financial and administrative management of NGOs / non profit/ associations is an asset, particularly in Belgium.
- Degree in topics related to business administration, economics, international relations, social affairs, finance or international development and cooperation would be appreciated but is not a must;
- 2/3 years of work experience in office management or administration is required for this assignment;
- Experience in the area of administration and management of a network is an asset.
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities;
- Good communication, interpersonal and presentation skills, able to address different types of audiences;
- Knowledge of EU policies and their links towards ethical finance and social economy are an asset
- Understanding of ethical finance and social economy values are an asset;
- Proficiency in English and French or Dutch
- Other EU languages are considered a plus
What we offer
FEBEA values experiences gained through non-formal work like education, vocational training, etc. If candidates have gained the skills required above through non-formal work, FEBEA still encourages them to apply.
Above all what we really offer is the opportunity to join a young and dynamic international team, and a growing organisation. An environment in which we all try to give our best at work, but also take care of each other and support every team member so that they can grow as a person and with the organisation.
We want our people to have a balanced work and personal life and as much as possible enjoy working for us. And through their work contribute to develop the kind of finance that makes our society better and regenerates our natural environment. We believe that building a better world is possible by putting people’s needs in the center of priorities and we try to apply that philosophy in every aspect of the job developed.
In practice, we propose:
- A competitive salary;
- Complementary medical insurance;
- Reimbursement of home internet and public transport costs;
- Meal vouchers;
- A smartphone and laptop;
- Possibility to work from home or abroad at given periods;
- Belgian contract (CDI);
- A friendly and kind environment;
Recognising the skills, attributes and aspirations of everyone, FEBEA is an equal opportunity employer. FEBEA celebrates and practises diversity in all its forms and is committed to equal treatment between persons irrespective of religion or belief, country of origin, gender, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Candidates from outside of the EU countries are also welcomed to apply.
Candidates from diverse backgrounds are particularly encouraged to apply with the conviction that all candidatures will be processed equally and not making any distinction because of different backgrounds/realities, but embracing the fact that a diverse team is a more prepared and stronger one.
Send your CV in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org by the 15th of January 2023 at noon CET.
FEBEA’s HR policy is available here.