FEBEA –The European Federation of Ethical and Alternative Banks and Financiers– is currently looking for a Project Manager (full-time, open-ended contract) to manage the portfolio of projects in which the Federation is currently involved.
We are a non-profit organisation with the aim to develop a kind of finance that that is based on ethical values, that works for citizens, is based on participation, transparency, solidarity and accountability. Sounds good?
FEBEA is composed by 34 members throughout Europe and we all work every day to contribute to achieve a real positive change for both society and the environment. Want to know more? Check our website: www.febea.org.
Here’s a video of our last Annual Conference to see a bit more about us.
The Project Manager tasks are carried out under the supervision of the Training and Capacity Building Manager and in collaboration with the Secretary General and the Network Manager.
The main area of activities is related to a project FEBEA is involved thanks to the financial support of the Climate Finance Fund (CFF), with the creation of a specific online platform dedicated to mobilising consumers in favour of climate finance in two European countries, France and Spain. In addition, the project officer will support in the implementation of other projects managed by FEBEA.
The objectives of the CFF Project are twofold:
- Increasing the capacity of FEBEA and its members and partners to mobilise consumers and organisations in favour of climate and ethical finance at national level;
- Increasing the capacity of FEBEA to communicate at European level on the work of Ethical and sustainable financiers and their contribution towards combating climate change, building a sustainable economy and creating inclusive societies.
- Develop public advocacy and campaigning strategies that are adapted to different european contexts;
- Coordinate the work of external providers, key to the success of the project such as (communications agency, developers, technical assistance, etc);
- Develop public relations with partners and members involved in the activities;
- Manage the relationship between FEBEA and the Climate Finance Fund;
- Monitor the budget related to the Project and manage the Project’s day-to-day activities, ensuring that all the deliverables are ready on time, within the budget limits and with the expected quality;
- Implement all internal and external communications activities related to the projects, including drafting of public reports and papers and contents to be shared on the Federation’s channels.
- Draft the financial and technical reports to facilitate the administrative management of the Project;
- Represent FEBEA in project meetings within Europe and at related external events;
- Support the rest of the FEBEA team in the implementation of its activities;
Qualifications, skills and requirements:
University degree, preferably in topics related to economics, ICT, engineering, social affairs, finance or international development and cooperation.
- Experience in projects related to advocacy and campaigning
- Experience in developing advocacy and campaigning strategies in different European contexts
- Experience in coordinating with external service providers such as communications agency, web developers, copywriters, etc).
- Experience in project management is an asset
- Candidates working in a social finance organisation are particularly encouraged to apply
- 3 years of work experience in the area of economics / ICT / project management / sustainable development.
- Strong understanding of climate finance, social finance and social economy
- Knowledge of EU policies and the links to climate finance and social economy
- Good communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in French and English, other EU languages are considered an asset
- Able to foster cooperation among a diversity of relevant stakeholders
- Knowledge and understanding of France in political/social/economical terms.
FEBEA values experiences gained through non-formal work like education, vocational training, etc. If candidates have gained the skills required above through non-formal work, FEBEA still encourages them to apply.
Above all what we really offer is the opportunity to join a young and dynamic international team, and a growing organisation. An environment in which we all try to give our best at work, but also take care of each other and support every team member so that they can grow as a person and with the organisation.
We want our people to have a balanced work and personal life and as much as possible enjoy working for us. And through their work contribute to develop the kind of finance that makes our society better and regenerates our natural environment. We believe that building a better world is possible by putting people’s needs in the center of priorities and we try to apply that philosophy in every aspect of the job developed.
In practice, we propose:
- A competitive salary;
- Complementary medical insurance;
- Reimbursement of home internet and public transport costs;
- Meal vouchers;
- A smartphone and laptop;
- Possibility to work from home or abroad at given periods;
- Belgian contract (CDI);
- A friendly and kind environment;
Recognising the skills, attributes and aspirations of everyone, FEBEA is an equal opportunity employer. FEBEA celebrates and practises diversity in all its forms and is committed to equal treatment between persons irrespective of religion or belief, country of origin, gender, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Candidates from outside of the EU countries are also welcomed to apply.
Candidates from diverse backgrounds are particularly encouraged to apply with the conviction that all candidatures will be processed equally and not making any distinction because of different backgrounds/realities, but embracing the fact that a diverse team is a more prepared and stronger one.
Send your CV in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org by the 15th of January 2023 at noon CET.
FEBEA’s HR policy is available here.