FEBEA is offering a Maternity leave cover contract. Full time, fixed term contract
15th March 2024 – 15th October 2024.
Founded in Brussels in 2001, FEBEA is the European Federation of Ethical and Alternative Banks and Financiers. It brings together 33 banks and financial institutions from 17 European countries with the aim of developing ethical and social finance in Europe. To this end, the Federation has therefore set concrete objectives:
- Support the exchange of information and experiences and cooperation between national networks and social economy and finance practitioners in Europe and in the European free trade area;
- Represent its members at the EU institutions and the financial and political organisations and leverage different political levels and European institutions;
- Concretely support the efforts of its members, including in the creation of banking and financial instruments that are necessary to accomplish their goals.
More information available at www.febea.org
The Network Manager of FEBEA is the person responsible, under the supervision of the Secretary General, for the implementation of FEBEA’s operational plan into concrete actions and tangible results.
The responsibility of the Network Manager is ensuring that the activities carried out by the Federation are aligned with FEBEA’s values and charter, that operational resources – human, financial and otherwise- are managed wisely and responsibly and that the actions undertaken produce concrete results.
- Contributes to the implementation of the Annual Workplan
- Monitors the implementation of objectives, priorities and development opportunities within the Annual Workplan
- Prepares budget monitoring & Annual Workplan implementation documents for the Secretary General
- Organises Governance meetings to update decision-making bodies on the execution of the strategy, operational plan and budget
- Prepares documentation for Governance meetings together with the Secretary General
- Under the guidance of the Secretary General, ensures the execution of the Annual Workplan
- Prepares quarterly documents for budget monitoring by the treasurer and Secretary General
- Works closely with the Finance officer responsible for accounting and financial matters
- Supports HR management with external consultants
- Drafting and monitoring of contracts with external providers
- Relations with external providers and Belgian public authorities
- Administrative and financial reporting for EU projects, including timesheets
(Non -exhaustive list)
Qualifications, skills and requirements:
University degree, preferably in topics related to economics, international relations, social affairs, finance or international development and cooperation.
Minimum 5 years of work experience in the area of social finance / social economy / sustainable development / network and organisations management
Experience in governance, administration and management activities.
Experience in EU contexts is considered an asset.
Candidates working in a social finance organisation are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Knowledge of EU networks / associations management practices
- Strong understanding of ethical finance and social economy values
- Excellent organisational skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in English and French, other EU languages are considered a plus
- Ability to successfully coordinate, advocate and negotiate
- Ability to draft documents addressed to governance bodies and public administration
What we offer
- A career in a sector that works for the common good and makes a difference in the lives of people throughout Europe
- A concrete opportunity to contribute to the development of Ethical Finance and to attain the Sustainable Development Goals in Europe
- An opportunity to network at high level with the main actors of the social and ethical finance field in Europe
- An international team of highly-qualified colleagues and partners
- Flexibility to work from home when required to ensure a proper work-life balance
- A Belgian Contract, competitive salary and d benefits in Belgium. Salary will be based on the FEBEA salary grid and on the relevant experience. The expected range of monthly gross salary, depending on the candidates experience and background, can vary between 3.000 and 3.200 €.
- Full-time – fixed-term contract for the period 15th March 2024 – 15th October 2024, with possibility of extension depending on available funding.
- Location: Brussels with possibility of temporary remote working. Regular travel within Europe is expected.
- Advantages: reimbursement of travel expenses (public transport – STIB); meal vouchers of 7€; monthly home working allowance of 148,73 €, complimentary medical insurance covering hospitalisation and medical expenses, Company laptop and smartphone (with related phone costs) for professional use.
Please send your application in English via email to email@example.com
The subject of your application email should follow this naming convention: “Name_Surname_Application_NETWORK MANAGER”.
The application should contain:
- A cover letter outlining your motivation to work in the field of Ethical Finance (maximum 1 page);
- A detailed CV.
Applications not respecting the instructions for completing and submitting the application will not be considered.
Deadline for submitting the applications: 9th February 2024
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted at this stage.
Applicants must be able to work and reside in Belgium.
We encourage diversity of representation in our staff – read our HR policy here.